Crans-Montana is a chic and stylish all-year-round mountain resort located in the Valais canton of Switzerland (French speaking), around two hours by train from Geneva Airport.
The resort is part of the Best of the Alps group.
Two towns, Crans and Montana, merge together to form the resort and both have their own identities. Sitting on a high plateau above the Rhone Valley and facing south, the views are spectacular, especially from higher altitudes where it’s possible to see Mont Blanc in the west, through to the Matterhorn and way beyond to the east.
During summer, the resort is a haven for both road cyclists and mountain bikers as well as hikers and adventure seekers – with a variety of challenges at all levels. For road cyclists, options are endless with a number of cols (mountain passes) easily accessible, as well as being an ideal base for various events including the Marmotte Granfondo Valais edition during August. For mountain bikers, a bike park is open during the summer with two runs, red and black, offering panoramic views over the Rhone Valley before a passage through the forest, with a series of technical sections. North Shore and pumptrack is also available in the town.
Accommodation is varied, with a strong luxury element including several 5* hotels and a spread of 3* and 4* options as well as self-catering apartments and B&B’s.
During the winter, the skiing is well suited for intermediates, with a wide range of blue and red runs, but there’s excellent beginners areas as well as some more challenging slopes for experts, including some interesting off-piste and ski touring terrain.
- Valais Awarded 2025 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships With Crans-montana To Host The Cross Country Event
- Crans-montana Opens New Blue Graded Downhill Mountain Bike Track
- New E-bike Tour Launches From Crans-montana – The Glacier Haute Route
- Crans-montana Launches Its 2020 Summer Season With New Safety Measures In Place
- Crans-montana #DreamNowTravelLater – Summer In The Swiss Alps
- Crans-Montana Launches Alpine Cycling Festival To Coincide With Granfondo Event
- The Summer Program For Crans-montana Includes New Festivals And Activities For All Ages
- Crans-montana Launches Yoga And Nature Weekend Retreats At The Colombire Hamlet
- Crans-montana Launches Summer Program For 2019, Including New Family Festival